From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 23:13:36 CST
The Michigan Tech Huskies beat Northern Michigan 5-1 in the first game
of the WCHA Final Five in Milwaukee.  Tech Goalie Jamie Ram kept the
Huskies in the first period as they were vastly outshot (something like
20-5) yet emerged after one with a 1-0 lead.  NMU scored a power-play
goal to start the second period, but the Tech offense and defense kicked
in and took the game away.  Ram was big when he needed to be, but the
Wildcats never put on the sort of pressure they had applied in the first
period. Tech scored an empty-net, short-handed goal to finish it up.

The Huskies go on to play Minnesota Friday night; St Cloud plays Wisconsin
in the afternoon session.

I'll be posting an updated RPICH shortly.

Reporting from a hotel room in Milwaukee when I should be in the hotel bar
having a beer (I may have reached the heights or depths of computer geekdom),

Erik