From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 20:54:35 -0500
Brian Zive writes:
>Personally, I think Maine is a very impressive team, especially
>the way they played BU last weekend (with the Ferraro Bros.)
>
>Now, with the current Maine team, IMHO they could handle UNH,
>NU, RPI.

Now I'm not going to say you're wrong, but be careful about dismissing UNH so
quickly.  Remember, the Wildcats beat the current Maine team (with the
Ferraro twins) two weeks ago.  Granted, it was the twins' first game, and it
was just hours after Maine learned that they were disqualified from the Hockey
East playoffs (a ruling that was later overturned, of course).  On the other
hand, New Hampshire had quite a bit on their minds as well.  Three players
were suspended from the team that week, and from what I heard, the team was
quite upset over the whole incident.  At the time, it was not at all clear
that at least two of the players would *ever* play again.

So, in *my* humble(?) opinion, it's not as cut-and-dried as you make it out
to be.  And if Maine were to get a bid, remember that they would be off for
almost two weeks between games.  As those who witnessed all four Eastern
teams lose in Providence in the '92 NC$$ regionals (after an open
weekend between the conference finals and the NC$$'s) know, this is
usually not a good thing.

Chris
Go Cats!