From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 16:07:18 -0500
It currently takes MTU and NMU longer to fly to alaska than any other team.
they fly commercial airlines and have layovers in minneapolis to switch from our turbo prop puddle jumpers into real airplanes for the rest of the trip

In fact the last trip MTU made there was even longer due to the snowstorm here,
they told the team that they would not land in houghton, so the team bussed
to Marquette, got on the plane, only to have the weather clear up, so they flew
the regular route from Marquette to Houghton. stopped to pick up the regular
passengers waiting here, then on to minneapolis. adding an extra 3-4 hours to
the journey! ;-)

The Huskies actually made 2 trips to alaska this year.  One for the UAA series
and one for the fairbanks tournament, where they lost all 3 games by one goal.
By the way the Huskies finished the season 1-12-4 in games decided by 1 goal or less.  so even tho we averaged less than 3 goals a game, you can see how well
Jamie Ram kept us in the games.

Bob Gilreath
MTU