From:
Lemieux Crew <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lemieux Crew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 15:28:24 -0500
On Thu, 10 Mar 1994, Keith Instone wrote:

> My point was, that most of the Hockey East teams are near a major airport.
> Some of the CCHA teams are not. Flying to Fairbanks from Chicago doesn't
> sound too bad, but FSU and LSSU are pretty isolated. So, if I were to
> split the 12 CCHA teams up, I would base it on their airport status:
>
> Frequent Flyers division: UAF, UIC, OSU, Kent, Michigan, BG.
> Bus division: FSU, LSSU, WMU, MSU, Miami, UND.

I am really sure that Miami and LSSU would love busing back and forth an
additional time.

  > UIC has O'Hare, OSU has Columbus, Kent isn't too far away
    from
> Cleveland's airport, Michigan is on the right side of Detroit to get to
> DTW. BG is not too close to any airport, but it is equally close to
> Detroit, Cleveland and Columbus, so teams flying into/out of BG can
> have a choice to get the best fares
.
BG is only 30 minutes away from the Toledo airport, so that is not very far.

  This solution only says that a team would have to play their two home games
against an interdivision opponent on the same weekend.  I personally would
not like that.

> Keith

 I don't think that this is the solution, I hope there is one though.

Josh
PS I would like to get a UAF hat that says Nanooks on it.  I would
appriciate any help on this.