From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 01:14:00 -0500
Hey kids!

Sorry to interrupt the main(e?) topic of discussion, but here are this week's
CIAU rankings.

CIAU FINAL HOCKEY RANKINGS [Conference] (Last week)
1. Acadia Axemen [AUAA] (1)
2. Lethbridge Pronghorns [CWUAA] (3)
3. Calgary Dinosaurs [CWUAA] (4)
4. Western Ontario Mustangs [OUAA] (2)
5. Guelph Gryphons [OUAA] (NR)
6. New Brunswick Redmen? [AUAA] (6)
7. Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks [OUAA] (7)
8. Quebec-Trois-Rivieres Patriotes [OUAA] (5)
9. Dalhousie Tigers [AUAA] (8)
10. Alberta Golden Bears [CWUAA] (8)

Obviously, Guelph beat UQTR in their series this week. That was a huge upset,
and I suppose they put them in the Top 10 because it would be pretty
embarrassing for one of the teams still playing to not be there.

Here's the schedule for the University Cup this weekend in Toronto:
(Canada's Phinal Phour)

Friday: Acadia vs. Lethbridge 4:00 pm
        Western vs. Guelph 8:00 pm

Sunday: Final 2:00 pm

In case y'all are wondering. Each of the conference winners gets a berth,
with Ontario getting two. No worrying about RPI or Ceramic Dalmations(tm) or
any of that stuff.

We've actually managed to figure out University Football playoffs, too!
(Pretty, cool, huh?)

See you later,
John

--
John C.K. Edwards         Stats Geek, Ottawa Jr. Senators (CJHL, Jr. A)
Poli Sci/Law III                  It must be the pretzels!