From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 16:23:19 -0500
This is a quoted story from the Boston Globe (Tuesday, March 1, 1994 - p.63)

        "The Hockey East athletic directors will hold a conference call this
morning to discuss Maine's use on an ineligible player in its first 30 games
this season.
        Acting commissioner Bob DeGregorio said there are three possible
resolutions:
        `One, if the NCAA acts before the conference playoffs start and deter-
mines that games are forfeited, that would put Maine in last place and it would
play atr Boston University, which clinched first place.
        `Two, if the NCAA doesn't do anything until after the tournament and if
Maine wins two games this weekend [at New Hampshire and Boston College], then
Maine could sneak into third or fourth place and would have home ice for the
playoffs.'
        The third possibility would have the league keeping Maine out of the
playoffs altogether.  `The league could say, `Play your two games this weekend
and come back when you have your house in order next year,'' DeGregorio said.
`Then BU would get a bye in the first round.'
        The Black Bears (12-15-4, 7-10-4 in Hockey East) already forfeited
three wins for using an ineligible player in its first three games of the
season.  The lastest problem involves Patrice Tardif, the team's second-leading
scorer.  Tardif, a graduate-level student, is not carrying enough credits to be
eligible for athletics."

Again, I repeat, the above article is a direct copy of what appeared in the
Boston Globe today (including the word, "lastest.").  They in no way reflect
my views or opinions. (I already stated my opinion the other day.)

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

PS - (my opinion) Whatever their decision, I hope they make it soon.