From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 21:37:34 -0500
I figured mid-week might be a better time to post this. I'm hoping to
get a nice sample of votes from each of the conferences.

I'm taking a poll regarding conference awards. I took one
last year and it got a decent response. What I'd like is for people to
vote for the following awards for their conference:

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
GOALIE OF THE YEAR
COACH OF THE YEAR

PLEASE
1) Vote for your top 3 candidates in each category. Please rank them in
        order; unranked ballots will not be counted. Also, if you only
        feel you know the best or 2 best, feel free to omit a #3 if
        necesary.
2) Please only vote in the conference(s) you follow closely enough to make
        a decision. You can vote for awards in more than one conference but
        I'd ask that you do so judiciously and only if you really know enough
        about the leagues to make a decision.
3) Please vote responsibly. I will not disqualify ridiculous ballots. I will
        count all votes except for those discussed in #1 and those which
        don't apply (ie you vote for a forward for goalie of the year). However,
        for the integrity of this poll, please vote responsibly. This isn't
        NHL All-Star balloting... don't vote for someone who's been injured all
        year.
4) Although some people might not agree with this, for the purposes of this
        poll, goalies are not eligible for the player of the year awards.
5) Please include the players team and first name, if you know them.
6) Deadline is Friday March 11 at noon.

I will repost this poll a couple other times in the future. After this
poll is completed, I will conduct a similar poll for national awards.

Bri Farenell                                     Clarkson '95
[log in to unmask]                 Glens Falls High '91
AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey        Go Erin Whitten (GFH '89)!
Adirondack Red Wings, AHL Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92  '94?
I'm glad Canada lost but a shootout is a horrible way to end a gold medal game
        EMAIL ME FOR INFO ON THE COLLEGE HOCKEY CONFERENCES AWARDS POLLS