Bill Neifert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 1994 13:37:29 EST
Look at this.  3 years and no posts, now two in one day...

> I suspect BU, BC, UML, MC, UNH, and NU
> would not be happy if their add'l points did not come until after the
> season was over while PC did get its points and a home ice slot
> anyway.

I would personally bet that BU at least wouldn't mind having to wait until
after the season is over to decide this matter.  If this situation does indeed
result in Maine forfeiting all games this season and all the points gained.  It
would place BU in the unenviable position of playing a tough Maine team
(with the Ferarros and possibly Kariya) in the first round of the Hockey East
playoffs.  I know that as a BU fan I would personally much rather see BU play
Merrimack or BC in the first round instead of Maine and I would bet that
Jack Parker feels the same way.

(All of this of course is based on the supposition that BU wins Hockey East
 which although not a foregone conclusion does seem fairly likely)

Bill Neifert
BU '90, '92

--
Bill Neifert           | Zenith Data Systems         | By the cold and religous
[log in to unmask] 300 Concord Rd.             | we were taken in hand,