From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 05:36:45 -0700
Why was most of the crowd Canadian fans?  I know that
Detroit is just north of Windsor, but it is OUR rink!!

Imagine Yost filled to the rafters with Green and White, it
just did not look right.

Don Cherry had an intersting slant on the game on HNIC,
Saturday.  He said that the game was more important for
the Canadian program than it was for the US.  Don felt that if
the CIAU team had lost, then the naysayers would have
been jumping all over the Canadian university programs.

Did you notice that the NCAA players had to wear the full
shields, while the CIAU gang just had to wear the half
shields?  And what was Tim Thomas doing with a "Cat's
Eye" mask?  I thought they were no-no's in the NCAA?

Is (will) the NCAA go to the half shield?

All in all it was a good exciting game and a good ref job by
Pi and the gang.

a view from the satellite dish

Joe