Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1993 01:02:54 -0400
Sorry about the no post last night, but after a white knuckle drive back
to houghton in the snow I didn't bother signing on thinking Steve would post,
but he didnt assuming I would!.  Anyway, friday night in Marquette, NMU and
MTU were tied at 3-3 after 2, when disaster struck (I know Steve it depends
on your point of view!) in the 3rd period.  Tech took too many penalties
(does this sound like a repeat of last week) and NMU scored 4 unanswered
goals to take a 7-3 win.

Tonight, Steve and Billy from NMU joined Walt Myself and our wives for dinner
and a recap of fridays game over a few bottles of wine before the game, Then
we went up to the Ice Arena, Where we returned the hospitality we were shown in
Lake view the night before.  This time it was NMU taking a bunch of stupid
 peties, and MTU went up 4-1 in the first.  MTU had one goal disallowed due to
a man in the crease.  the game ended 6-3 mtu

The story of the weekend was WCHA's finest were paired up this weekend.
We had Yackle and Buzzy for refs.  there was absulutly no flow to the games
as 41 penalties were called friday and 27 tonight.  At one point tonight
buzz and yack stood at center ice arguing about the calls they had just made
in the first period alone, just as one penalty was ending, they would call
another one on the opposite team.  Eventuallt NMU came out on the short
end of the stick in the first period and MTU jumped to a 4-1 lead.
Both teams suffered from the officiating all weekend, and neither coach
or fans from both teams were thrilled with the length of the games due
to our buddies in the stripes.

Bob

Ps Steve and Billy....  Hope you had a better trip home than we did, But its
 still snowing like mad here tonight.