Sender:
From:
SHAWN LUDDINGTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1993 18:46:27 GMT
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
In article <[log in to unmask]> Jon Carr
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>When is the draft this year?  And will there be any coverage?
>I know the upcomming NFL draft is on ESPN.
>
>Anyone got the details?
>
>Paul Kariya 1993 #1 Pick! (No. 2 perhaps?  He won't last long!) :-)

I don't know the exact coverage in the states.  In Canada it is covered
by TSN, so maybe ESPN will grab their coverage!  I don't know!

As for the picks
Ottawa picks #1 which means it is almost 100% that Alexander Daigle will
go #1. He'll either stay or be traded in Montreal or Quebec.  IMO I would
take Kariya.  He should alot of leadership in the NCAA and so far in
the World Championships.  Daigle didn't show this for his junior team.

San Jose will then get Kariya.

Tampa Bay will either go for a russian Kozlov (I think that's it) or a
    defenseman Rob Niedemeyer (probably spelt the last name wrong)

Because of expansion I won't go further but I will name other of the
blue chip prospects

   - Chris Gratton
   - Chris Pridham
   - a swedish player who I can't remember his name

Draft Order
-----------
1) Ottawa
2) San Jose
3) Tampa Bay
4) South Florida or Anahiem
5) South Florida or Anahiem
6) Hartford
7) Edmonton
8) Dallas
9) NY Rangers
10) Philadelphia

the 8th thru 10th picks could be wrong - I don't have the standings here
and am guessing

(In my mind there are 8 top notch prospects in the draft, with Kariya
 leading the way but not going #1)

Shawn - GO CAPS (two first round picks for the next three years - THANKS
                 ST.LOUIS or should I say RON CARON and SCOTT STEVENS)