Sender:
From:
Joe Dintino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1993 13:47:27 EST
A few seasons ago, in a game at RPI, play was in the
Engineer zone.  There was some sort of collision and
everyone lost sight of the puck.  There was a couple seconds
of players skating around confused.  The whistle was blown
and a faceoff called in the RPI zone (still no sign of the
puck).  The opposing team I believe was on the power play
and the Engineers were set up in a box to kill the penalty.
The puck went to a defenseman at the top of the slot, and
the Engineer's Denis Poissant came out to challenge, the pass
went to the near side, and Poissant started to fall back in the
box when the previous puck dropped out his jersey - putting two
pucks in play!  The play was quickly blown dead.  I believe it
had stuck, unknown to everyone including Poissant, in the
tucked part of his jersey.

Joe