Sender:
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1993 22:00:10 -0500
When things concerning lack of TA/RA funds really PO me, as well as other
 things, I find solace in the fact that a pair of RPI road wins will cheer me up
anyday. Yep, RPI brushed up with Colgate 5-2, then proved who the biggest Red
of all is by being bigger than the "Big Red" of Cornell, 3-2.

The penalty count of 16 for RPI and 15 for Colgate makes me wonder why Tim
Leonard of the Troy record writes that it wasn't too physical a game". I don't
have the box scores available, but I do remember plenty of roughing and hitting
after the whistle calls in there.

I only listened to portions of each game, so I can't do my ref-rating. Inci-
dentally, I was listening to the RPI game on the radio while I was at my first
Capital District Islanders game ever, as they broke a 1st place tie with the
Providence Bruins by beating them 5-3. For those who remember the Red Swarm
mascot debate which happened some time ago, but is definitely NOT over,
someone mentioned making the Puck guy a mascot.  Well, that person would enjoy
a CDI game, because there is a Mr. Puck who skates and walks around the Field
House!

Back to college hockey- one more thing: RPI goaltender Neil Little scored his
3rd assist in Friday night's game! Is that incredible or what??!!

Harvard and Yale better start wetting their pants, cuz here comes RPI!!

-Rich Vehlow