Sender:
From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 08:36:25 -0800
--- Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<<So I am sure people have simply left because of the rules...>>

I am sure you're right, and I feel bad about experiences like Bob
Woodbury's.

I have to count myself as one who posts here BECAUSE of the rules,
perhaps more accurately where the lines seem to be.  Just want to say
that, because I've been a moderator before -- in a much different
context -- and I know it's not an easy job.  It can also be
discouraging because you rarely hear from the folks who are satisfied,
only the ones who aren't.

USCHO, to me, is a prime example of what happens when a discussion
board isn't moderated in a meaningful way.  On the other hand, some
folks like it that way.

Clay