Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1992 11:13:52 PST
Someone asked about this, and maybe the crowd is interested...

This is the RPI cheer.  It even appeared in Sports Illustrated.  :)  (Prefaced
by something like "with the exception of hockey, RPI is not known as an
athletic powerhouse.  But the Engineers do have an intimidating cheer:")

E to the X dY dX
E to the X dX
Cosine Secant Tangent Sine
Three point One four One five Nine
Square root Cube root Log of Pi
disInteGrate 'em RPI

we've got some other geek cheers in the band like "Force per unit area -
pressure, pressure," and the Exlax cheer someone mentioned a few weeks ago--

gimme an E - E!
gimme an X - X!
gimme an L - L!
gimme an A - A!
gimme another X - X!
what's that spell? - EXLAX!
what's it make ya do?  GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!
(follow with ad libbed "that's disgusting," etc)

i wouldn't say we're journeying into brave new worlds of hockey fandom with
cheers like that, but they're fun.  :)

Ross Bracco RPI `91
Tuba and occassionally tambourine player (even at the same time!)
Go go go you red red red!