Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1992 12:28:04 EST
Diane writes:
>Replying to Paul Grochowski saying that Jerry York nicknamed Ted Kramer the
>"Charles Ma[n]son of the CCHA", what you didn'
>'t mention was that Jerry York heavily recruited Ted Kramer.  In fact, he
>thought he had Ted Kramer because everyone else in Ted's family went to BGSU.
>There has been very bitters feelings on the part of BGSU ever since.

Jerry York never called Ted Kramer the Charles Manson of the CCHA. I will
not even dignify this mis-quote by calling Jerry and asking him about it.

However, the phrase "Ted Kramer is the Charles Manson of the CCHA" has
indeed been spoken in public once: by a radio announcer for BG games. Ted's
mommy happened to be listening to that game and she called the station
to complain.

(Geographical note: Ted is from Findlay, a town only 30 miles from Bowling
Green. BGHS and Findlay HS are a big rivalry in hockey.)

As a BG fan, I agree with Tim: I am glad Ted is not spending time in the
penalty box while wearing brown and orange. He is a good player when he is
not playing dirty. If you ask me who the dirtiest player in the CCHA is,
I will consider Ted before I give you my answer.

More on Ted after he returns to northwest Ohio Friday night.......

Keith