Sender:
From:
Scott Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:16:20 -0500
At 10:35 PM 11/23/96 -0500, Josh Kleinbaum wrote:

>        Malicke started off the game in place of Turco for the Wolverines.
Madden
>was back in the lineup (he didn't play last night, i don't know why), but
>Legg, who also didn't play last night, sat out again.

Madden and Legg sat out last night for academic reasons with Madden getting
only the Friday night game off. Malike played a solid game in net, the
Wolverine defense stopped about twice as many Brown shots (~20) before they
got to him.

>With five minutes left, a Brown player (#9, don't know who he is) was given
>a game DQ, although if he was fighting, I didn't see it.

The 5:00 minute major was for spearing. This ruile carries a game game DQ
with it automatically.

I have some comments about the games this weekend.

First off, For two teams that hadn't played each other for almost twenty
years, these two teams started right from the begining as if they were
heated conference rivals. From the begining of the second period of the
first game, both teams would take some late shots at an opposing player. The
games also featured a lot of stickwork (cross-checking, slashing etc.) that
wasn't called. Lots of hitting too.

The Brown goalie, Hollowatay (sp?) was named the third star each night after
making a combined 70 or so saves. The saves he made were not all that
spectacular, but he kept the puck out of the net and that all that really
counts.

BTW, Mike Legg's goal during the NC$$ semi-final game against Minnesota last
year has been nominated for an ESPY as "The Most Outrageous Play of the
Year."Luckily for us, the category is one that is decided by public voting.
As I seem to remember, you will be able to vote for the award on ESPNet. The
other nominees are a Clemson outfielder who thought a live baseball was foul
and threw it into the stands, a guy who sank three 3-point basketball shots
to win a car and the 13-year-old who interfered with the "home-run" in the
ALCS that gave the Yankees a win.

All apologies to Roger

From the Top Row

Scott Spooner