Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 07:02:38 -0600
To: Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Jayson Moy wrote:

> Before the game, we didn't know if BU's Shawn Bates would be in the lineup,
> he was listed as originally not in the lineup due to a hip injury suffered
> in practice on Friday, but a late change put him in the lineup and scratched
> Brendan Walsh.  Bobby Hanson was also a late add, and Rich Alger was a late
> scratch as the 7th defenseman.

According the BU radio Brendan Walsh was a scratch for academic reasons.

They also noted that BU only has 13 forwards and, I think 8 (might be 9)
defencemen in school so injuries will be a major problem for BU this year
if they occur.  The announcers pointed out that in their opinion the
scholarship limits are helping the competition.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO ICE!!! GO GOLDEN BEARS!!! (2-0 vs. WCHA)