Sender:
From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 15:58:48 -0800
At 07:23 PM 6/14/96 -0400, Mike Machnik wrote:

>Actually, it is Disneyland that is in Anaheim, DisneyWorld is in Orlando.
>If rumors I have heard turn out to be true, there will be packages offered
>that will allow people to go to Disneyland and the final four.  I know that
>if this happens, we are planning to try to take the week off and spend it
>out there.  It has the potential to be a memorable event.

I spoke to outgoing UAA SID Dave Mateer about this today.  Obviously, this
thing is a ways out yet, so of course nothing in the way of firm plans have
begun.  But he indicated that UAA will be heavily involved in all the
operational aspects of putting on the tournament in Anaheim.  He said that
Disney will play a big role in putting together travel packages for tourney
attendees.  As Alaska fans go, I suspect that some kind of charter flight(s)
may be in the cards if interest warrants.  Hell, if the University won't do
it, I'm sure the two Fairbanks Jeffs and I can charter a jet a fill it with
rabid Alaska hockey fans.  (Or better yet, a couple of C-130s - our version
of the Charlestown Chiefs caravan!)  What say, fellas?

Of course, this scheme assumes that San Andreas Fault thing lays low in the
interim :)

I'll keep an ear to the ground and pass along any info as it becomes
available.  Should be interesting indeed.

Mark Sonnier
Anchored Down in Anchorage (but California dreaming, at least for the moment)