Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 10:26:35 -0600
Rob Zielinski wrote:

>Bite your tongue!!!  He is the real thing.  And is it my imagination
>or has he been hitting (or trying to hit) more this year?  What a joy
>to watch this guy play hockey.

He sure is the real thing.  I think he has been hitting more this year.
Quite frankly, if he continues to play this way, I don't see that two more
years of college hockey will improve his game substantially.  Unless he has
other motivations (God forbid, a student?  Playing college athletics?) I
don't see why he would stay.
  Interestingly, when a large segment of the Gophers team was out at the
Mall of America back in October, I happened to tell my girlfriend (while I
was pointing out Crowley and Brian Bonin) that those were the two best
players on the team.  The woman standing on the other side of me said
thanks, and introduced herself as Crowley's mother.  When I expressed
similar sentiments to those above, she said that she certainly hoped he
would stick around.  Engaging in the inexact science of reading her tone of
voice, though, I wouldn't count on it.  It sure would be nice though, I'll
agree.
  By the way, you aren't the same Rob Zielinski that lived in Middlebrook
Hall back in the 1987-88 school year, are you?

J. Michael Jackson