Sender:
From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 17:26:35 EDT
In this morning's T-U, Chris Imes is identified as scoring the first  goal for
the United States in their game against Norway at the World Championships.  The
article states that Imes plays for the Minnesota Moose of the IHL.  Once again
college hockey gets no respect.  Somehow I think he is a little more renowned
for his play with the Maine Black Bears.  In fact, I;m not even sure if he
ever actually took the ice yet in an IHL game.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know who owns the NHL rights to Imes?  I
always thought the NHL team signed the player and assigned him to their minor
league affiliate, but apparently the IHL has a number of independent teams.
Does Minnesota have an NHL affiliation?  If not, can someone explain why Imes
elected to play in the IHL instead of try for an NHL career?
Brian Morris                    RPI Engineers--1995 ECAC Champions
[log in to unmask]       Tenth Anniversary of the 1985 Championship