Sender:
From:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 22:05:20 -0500
  Bowling Green defeated UIC 7-5 tonight at the BGSU Ice Arena to assure
themselves the league lead at least until tomorrow night.
  The game was fairly even in the first half and Mike Hall would score
for BG with only 9 seconds left in the first period.BG would score early
in the second when freshman Dave Faulkner lifted a backhand over UIC
goalie Adam Lord.Curtis Fry made it 3-0 when he took a pass from Brian
Holzinger,lost it in his skates,and turned around to fire it past Lord
who didn't react quick enough to make a save.Tom Glantz put the Falcons
up 4-0 with his 8th power play goal of the season before Mark Zdan would
finally put the Flames on the board with a power play goal of his own to
make the score 4-1 and the second stanza ended that way.
  Hall would score his second goal of the game to make it a 4 goals lead
before Rob Hutson brought UIC back to within 3 goals.Matt Eldred scored
the eventual game winner for BG when he took a sweet pass from Jason
Clark and put it top shelf and make the score 6-2.BG coach Buddy Powers
then pulled goalie Will Clarke in favor of home town favorite Noel
Crawford much to the fans delight.UIC brought the puck into the BG zone
and Derek Knorr shot the puck on net but Crawford made the save with his
left pad but Knorr controlled the rebound and put it past Crawford who
was still on the ice.That was the perfect time(or so I thought)to head
out to the car to beat the traffic out of the parking lot.When I started
the car,I tuned in to 96.7 to catch the end of the game.Much to my
surprise,the score was 7-4!Dale Crombeen had scored an empty net goal
before UIC cut the score to 7-5(I'm sorry,I wasn't able to catch the
names of the two UIC goal scorers).The radio announcer said that besides
the first goal allowed by Crawford,the final two were caused by defensive
letdowns and there was no way for Crawford to make a save.
  Adam Lord had a great game in net for UIC and Will clarke also had a
good night for BG.Leading Hobey Baker award candidate Brian Holzinger had
2 assists to up his nation leading point total to 53.Curtis Fry had 1
goal and 1 assist and Mike Johnson had 2 assists(both are BG Falcons).
  Senior Kevin Lune missed the game after aggravating a back injury but
will hopefully be back to practice next week.Senior Brando Carper is
still out with an ankle injury but is expected to be playing again in a
couple weeks.Expect goalie Bob Petrie to start 1 game next weekend in the
Alaska Fairbanks series.The game Friday vs. the Nanooks will be the 500th
all time game at the BGSU Ice Arena.BG also needs around 15,000 fans to
reach 1.5 million total in 26 seasons(these numbers taken from the Falcon
Hockey Magazine).

HobeyZinger(oops,I mean Holzinger)for Hobey Baker!!!

                                                            Alex