Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 1994 09:46:00 PDT
Glen Keeney writes...
>  A contributing factor to LSSU success is player age.  JohnH had a post
>earlier in the year with team ages.  LSSU players recently have been some
>two years older than at least some other teams (I believe his comments
>mentioned freshmen in particular.
>
>  I don't have the data, but if I remember correctly MSU had the "youngest"
>team in the CCHA in '92-93' and Michigan in '93-;94.

I believe that this is correct...Michigan and Michigan State
have two of the youngest teams in the country.  As for
freshmen, I did a quick comparison of Michigan and Lake Superior:

BASED ON 1993-94 CCHA MEDIA GUIDE
AGE DISTRIBUTION AS OF 2 APRIL 1994 [AGE TRUNCATED TO YEARS]
  AVERAGE AGE OF NINE MICHIGAN TRUE FRESHMEN           18.56 YEARS
  AVERAGE AGE OF EIGHT LAKE SUPERIOR TRUE FRESHMEN     20.00 YEARS
    NOT INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
      Scott McCabe [19]
      Gino Pulente [20]
      Paul Sass [21st birthday]
      Gerald Tallaire [22]
    McCabe, Pulente and Sass were all redshirt freshmen and
Tallaire was in his first season but with sophomore eligibility
status.

  John H
  U Mich