From:
Linda Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:27:29 -0500
John Whelan wrote:
"The other #2 seeds are Maine, Ferris, and BC.  Ferris can't play in Ann
Arbor because of the CCHA matchup with Michigan, but we can put them in
West Regional.  Either BC or Maine has to go to the Midwest, and we
choose BC because they lose the comparison to Maine:"

How about sending Ferris to the East Regional, and send Maine and BC to
the other western regionals (doesn't matter who goes to which one)? It
would avoid having Hockey East teams meet before the Frozen Four and
would make more compelling first round games in the western regionals.
For example, if we send BC to the West regional, they can play a rematch
with North Dakota (2001 national championship game) and have Maine play
Michigan (a team Maine could beat, even if it is at Yost). Or, BC could
play Michigan and Maine could play North Dakota.

The other seedings look fine to me...I love the idea of a possible
Cornell-BU second round matchup, and UNH will not have an easy 1st round
game with Mankato (plus, UNH will bring a lot of people).  I like the
idea of having some teams we don't normally see out here in the East
come to Worcester or Providence.