From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 17:15:58 -0500
Scott Williams (happy birthday, btw) writes:
>Just out of curiousity, what were the scores, as played, of the three
>Providence-Maine games that were forfeited, and how did Tory play in
>those games?

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that you can get scores
and standings direct from the HOCKEY-L archives.  Send a message to
[log in to unmask] and in the body, put the command GET HOCKEY-L
FILELIST for a listing of all files available.

To get Maine and Providence schedules, you would use:

GET 9394TSCH MAINE
GET 9394TSCH PROV-COL

To get the listing of all DivI conference standings and the DivI
composite schedule, use:

GET 9394CONF STAND
GET 9394COMP SCHEDULE

This morning, I updated the composite, standings and Maine/PC schedule
files to reflect the forfeits (also the Beanpot).  Note that the original
scores of the games in the files have not been altered even though
they go into the record book as 1-0 wins for PC.  This is because all
stats from those games still count and I did not wish the forfeits to affect
the working of my program that generates the standings.  I simply added a
note to each game stating that it was forfeited, and changed my program
to take into account these three games.

BTW, scores of the three games were: 5-1, 5-2, and 4-2 (first two at PC,
third at Maine).  Tory was not a factor, as I recall.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (12-14-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>