From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 1994 22:37:58 EST
Steve T. writesL

>UML isn't even a top ten team according to the poll.

>                                                       Umass Lowell Chiefs
>                                                       15-5-5
>                                                       and still not top 10....

I guess it depends on where you're looking.  Lowell was indeed eleventh in
the WMEB poll last week, but they were #9 in the College Hockey USA poll (which
usually seems to boost Western teams anyway) as well as in the ever-so-much-
more-accurate HOCKEY-L poll :-)

Too bad this isn't Division I-A football, where the polls actually have some
effect...
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94 (.5)            |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!
"You know how they're always naming drinks after various celebrities?  Well,
 there's a new one now called the Tonya and Lorena.  It's club soda with a
 slice."
-- Jay Leno