From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 20:05:05 EST
converting a 5-4 power play to 4-3: what he suggests is exactly the wasy
it was (and only two years ago).  1992 4.2.e: If,with one team at full
strength andthe opposing team short-handed by one player (i.e. the 5-4 situation) due to a penalty or penalties, condicidental minor penalties fo equal
duration are imposed on a player or players of each team, immediate on-ice
substitution shall be made for such players.
  In other words, a team couldn't convert a 5-4 to a 4-3
----
I was a little cool to the idea when the current rule came in last year,
but I'm not sure I see a lot of difference - the ice is clogged up more
of the time, but there are more game-minutes played by the squad (some
people are getting more time than they would under the old rule) which
should be good from the players'standpoint. The new rule helps the
balanced squad versus the one that has 2-4 stars with the rest more
mediocre.  On balance ... oh well ...