From:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 19:41:07 EST
As of yet, nothing has happened.  But let me propose a theory.
I don't know if the NCAA can do this but it wouldn't suprise me.

A couple of months ago it was reported in the Boston Globe that a
NCAA official had said that Maine would certainly have to forfeit the
games against Providence.  At the same time he said he expected that
Maine would be banned from post season play this year.  Assuming that
this is a true possibility, could the NCAA be waiting to see how Maine
fairs this year?  If Maine looks like they are a tournement caliber
team at the end of the season, the NCAA rules that Maine is banned this
year.  If Maine doesn't appear to be going anywhere this year, the
NCAA instead rules that Maine will be banned from next year's post season.

That's a theory, maybe some will think it paranoid.  But the way this
season has progressed, nothing would suprise me.

Ben,
UMaine, NCAA National Champs...  (when was that?)