From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 17:42:00 EST
Forgot to mention this in my Cornell-Northeastern wrapup, but the Cornell
radio announcer, while describing the rather tight configuration of North-
eastern's Matthews Arena, mentioned that the ice surface was similar to
the one in Boston Garden.  He went on to say that the last time the Big Red
went to the ECAC semis (in 1992, when they were still at the Gah-den), they
elected to practice at Northeastern rather than fight for the limited prac-
tice time at the Gah-den.

I'm wondering if this was/is a common practice with teams that are playing
tournaments or whatever in Boston Garden.  Seems like it would make sense
if the arena were available, which presumably it would be if the Huskies
have not advanced in the playoffs.  But this is the first time I can recall
hearing that such an arrangement happened.
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94 (.5)            |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!
"Why is it whenever you break up with somebody, they always say, 'You'll
 never meet anyone else like me'?  I should hope not!  If I don't want to
 go out with YOU, why would I want to go out with someone JUST LIKE YOU?"
-- Larry Miller