From:
Steve Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1993 23:29:44 CST
Apologies to Northern Michigan and/or Michigan Tech fans for my
brain timeouts in my Badger Hockey Showdown posts.  The Northern
Michigan *WILDCATS* were participants, the Michigan Tech *HUSKIES*
were lucky that they weren't :) :) :)

I refered to the NMU team as both Wildcats and Huskies at various
times as my stream of consciousness meandered hither and yon while
I typed in my reports.  I'll plead the lateness of the hour and
euphoria following a two great evenings of hockey.  Hey, when you
only get to see three or four games a year, you kinda get caught
up in the experience. :-)

You'd have thought the big "W I L D C A T S" across the front of
the NMU jerseys would have tipped me off...

A couple of followups about the championship game.

According to goal-scorer Jamie Spencer in today's paper, the Badgers'
second goal went in off the leg of NMU netminder Dieter Kochan, not
his skates as I guessed.

A friend in Madison reported that the Wisconsin announcers were
absolutely livid that the second NMU goal was allowed.  They felt
that it should have been waved off due to blatent interference with
UW goalie Jim Carey.

I hope all of you have a safe and prosperous 1994.

Steve Manning
(Looking forward to some toasted Bruin on Saturday!)