From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1993 00:43:51 EST
Hi Ernie,

>I was wondering what all of this hoopla is about U. Maine.  Why did
>they forfeit three games?  ...

   All back postings to HOCKEY-L are available from the HOCKEY-L
   archives.  Obtain file HOCKEY-L SEARCH from the archives to see how
   to set up a search for specific articles.  To obtain this file, send
   mail to [log in to unmask] and in the body enter

      GET HOCKEY-L SEARCH

   A search such as follows might be fruitful:

      Search Tory in HOCKEY-L since 1 OCT 1993

   To see a list of all files availble from the archives, including
   up to date Division I team schedules and results and composite
   schedules/scores of Division I, II, & III, request

      GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

P.S.  Maine played an ineligible player, Jeff Tory, in the first three
      NCAA games of the season with Providence.  Because Coach Shawn
      Walsh withheld a preliminary ruling by the NCAA on Tory from the
      Maine administration, he was suspended for (approximately) three
      weeks, ending tomorrow January 1, without pay (by Maine).  The
      NCAA has officially ruled Tory ineligible (declared that he falls
      under Proposition 48 guidelines and must sit out one year), but
      has not yet officially ruled on the forfeitures.