From:
Kevin J Boyle II <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin J Boyle II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1993 11:36:15 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Mike Sheridan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Please!  The amount of time left in a penalty has NOTHING to do with
>who comes out of the box.  NOWHERE in the rule book does it say ANYTHING
>about the time remaining affecting the player who comes out of the box.
>That would mean that a guy who got a 5 min or 10 min could come out of the
>box if he had say :30 secs left and anohter guy had 1:00 left, and a goal
>was scored by the opposing team.

What?? Major (5 minute) penalties are served in their entirety, even if a
goal is scored against the shorthanded team.  If you score 2 minutes into
the major, you continue on the power play for 3 more minutes.  That's why
major penalties are such a big deal.

>The man that put the team shorthanded comes out - period!  Any other way
>the refs call it is a mistake!  Lots of refs make this mistake - they coach
>us on it all the time. (I'm a USA Hockey ref.)
>
>Sorry, I just had to say it.

>[log in to unmask]         |   Michael Sheridan
>[log in to unmask]                 |   95 Benevolent St.
>[log in to unmask]              |   Providence, RI  02906
>[log in to unmask]              |   (401) 351-9721

-Kevin

--
--- --- ---  | Kevin J Boyle II    Senior, Computer and Systems Engineering
_____________| Chancellor, Epsilon Iota Colony, Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity