From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1993 10:59:14 -0500
I am a bit suprised people are unaware of Jr. College Hockey.

SUNY Canton is pretty popular in "North Country" and are
coached by the legendary Terry Martin - or are they -
I heard he retired this year. Many talented players have
come from the Canton, NY program and being that it is in
the backyards of St. Lawrence and Clarkson - it gets its
share of exposure.

Here in Buffalo - Erie Community College has had hockey for
a long time.  In fact the coach - Ralph Galanti Jr. otherwise
known as "Chico" has over 200 wins behind the bench.  They
play there home games at Leisure Rinks in Orchard Park, NY.
They are no longer a member of AHCA and have played a mix
schedule of community colleges and club teams. There is talk
in the area that they may build a rink on their "south"
campus - Coach Galanti is also the Athletic Director there.

College of DuPage , Chicago, used to have a decent program.
But... its no longer exists.

Of course Bottineau always has a strong team.

Two others in northern NY - North Country Community
College and Clinton Community College, which is coached
by Canisius College graduate Stu Mitchell.

Brian Cavanaugh