From:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1993 10:02:31 EDT
I see lots of people talking about cold rinks, and some of them claiming to
have been to all (or most) Eastern rinks.  Well I've got to throw in 2 Div. 3
rinks that people are missing.  (I don't think we should count outdoor rinks
like UConn and Hobart -- that's kinda like breaking the 100 meter record with
a massive tail wind.)

Hamilton College -- I've only been there once, but that's plenty enough for
me.  One of the oldest rinks in the country, and one of the coldest.  Trivia
note -- this was the rink used for the hockey scenes in Love Story.

Canisius College -- They actually play at the private high school, Nichols.
This place is frigid (sorry Brian C.).  You must get there early enough to
get the right seats that are below the so-called heaters.  You then STAND
on these seats so your head is close to some semblance of warmth.  If you
get there too late for this "luxery" seating, you had better dress for the
Yukon.
Russell Jaslow         |Unofficial contact - Potsdam College Bears|My employer
Eastman Kodak Company  |Potsdam College - 1981 and 1986 NCAA Div. |has nothing
Rochester, New York    | III National Basketball Champions and    |to do with
[log in to unmask]  winners of 60 consecutive games!        |my drivel.