From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1993 23:34:45 EST
Isaac Kim writes:
>Wasn't Gary Suter (Calgary Flames 1989) a teammate of Chris Chelios at
>Wisconsin when they won the NCAA's?

According to the 91-92 Wisconsin media guide, no...Suter played for the
Badgers from 83-85 and Chelios played till 83; the Badgers won in 83 but
not again till 1990.

With Toronto winning tonight, we now know that there will definitely be at
least one and possibly several names added to the short list we've come up
with already.  The following players whose teams are still alive in the
playoffs also played on nat'l championship-winning teams; this list is very
likely not all-inclusive, btw.  I went by the players on the teams' rosters
in this week's THN.

TORONTO: Daren Puppa (RPI 85), Matt Martin (on the roster according to THN;
 he, of course, played for Maine this season).
LOS ANGELES: Mike Donnelly (MSU 86), Gary Shuchuk (Wis 90).
MONTREAL: Sean Hill (Wis 90).
NYI: Brian Mullen (Wis 81), Pat Flatley (Wis 83).

Three of the four teams have goaltenders from college: TOR - Puppa, RPI;
NYI - Healy, WMU; LA - Stauber, Minnesota.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)