From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1993 14:00:15 EDT
In answer to Greg initial question:

>Anyone in New York: is it really SNOWING there right now?

It is not snowing in Albany. The radio says its snowing West of here including
the Southern Tier--in fact probably in Ithaca.  About 2 to 4 inches.

> I am not even sure RPI is the best team returning from the
ECAC.

To add another vantage point to Mike's usual cogent observations, I think it
is impossible to pronosticate as to who will be best next year in the ECAC.
My criticisms of RPI's past season included the "lack of a go-to guy"
observation, but I also believe RPI and by extension the whole ECAC was down
this year.  (That should win me the  critical commentary of the year
award! ;-) )  The point is though that the recruiting classes will probably
determine who will be on top next year.  The overall talent pool was so scarce
this year that any major additions will have a significantly greater effect
on that team's chances.  I think there is a very good possiblility that neither
RPI nor Harvard will finish on top next year if some team lands a blue chipper.
BTW, anyone out there heard anything about the incomingrecruits at Colgate or
RPI?  I think RPI has only one or two scholarships togive out, but Colgate
lost a number of critical seniors.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY
         (______/
April 30--the day the ECACs move to the Knick!  And why not the Regionals too!
Why do the Capitals bother to play the OT with the Islanders?  They'd be better
off saving their strength for the next game!  Islanders in 6.