From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 21:31:35 EDT
Upon my request for details on the song that the Black Bears sang at center
ice (Walsh too) after the HE championship game and the NC$$ championship
game (other games too, I guess), Jeff Jackson (not the LSSU coach) sent me
the words, and here they are.  Thanks, Jeff!  - mike

>Mike, the song is the Maine Stein Song, the school song:
>
>Fill the steins for dear old Maine
>Shout till the rafters ring
>Stand and drink a toast once again
>Let every loyal Maine man sing
>Drink to all the happy hours
>Drink to the careless days
>Drink to Maine, our alma mater,
>the college of our hearts always.
>
>To the trees, to the sky
>to the spring in its glorious hapiness
>To the youth, to the fire
>to the life that is moving
>and calling us
>To the gods, to the fates
>to the rulers of men and their destines
>To the lips, to the eyes
>To the girls who will love us someday.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)