From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 08:33:55 EDT
Mike wrote (in part) ...
>I'm still not sure what the song is that the Bears sung after the HE
>championship and then after the NC$$ championship.  I thought it could have
>been the alma mater, but I don't know.

   The Bears sang (or maybe that was a chant?) the school song,
   "The Maine Stein Song", made famous by Rudy Vallee years ago.

>* Not a final four comment, but former Spartan Bryan Smolinski had 3 points
>tonight to help Boston to a 7-1 win at Quebec.  MSU fans might be
>interested to know that he seems to be fitting in pretty well.

   There has been recent speculation on the Maine players that won't be
   returning next year.  Add Matt Martin to that list.  Matt, a 210
   pound 6-4 Junior has reached a verbal agreement to turn pro, and will
   leave for St.  John soon to start his pro career.  It was reported
   that he will receive a "substantial" signing bonus.  Also in his
   contract will be a clause calling for the remainder of his education
   to be funded and a clause allowing him to try out for and compete in
   next year's Olympics, if he so chooses.

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]