From:
Lon Nestrud <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lon Nestrud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1993 10:58:26 PST
Well, for us folks who don't get MSC or Sportschannel,
Etc.  Good News!  At least ESPN is planning on broadcasting
the final at 5:00 Pacific Standard time on Saturday, April 3.
Is that live?

It's not much - but better than nothing.  We San Diegans don't
ask for much.

While I'm wasting BW, here's my uninformed, blind-as-a-bat, biased-
as-hell prediction for that final game:

UM Duluth 4, Maine 3 (5OT)

Duluth will get into yet another OT marathon reminiscent of the
'84 final and the '85 semifinal - but this time they will prevail.
D. Plante (having been named H. Baker award winner the week before)
scores the winner from a skewed rebound off a loose board - catching
the Maine goaltender out of position (does anyone remember tha goal
Bowling Green scored this way in '84?).

This prediction must be weighed considering I have not seen a single
College hockey game this year (except for a video of my sister's
game at a U of MN Women's Tourney).  But, I probably have as much
chance of being right as any of you wacky hockey nuts.  So ....

Let the games begin!! (just a couple of hours, now)

If anyone can post updates as the games progress - I would be
eternally grateful.  I'll have my terminal ready and waiting
to hear the latest.

Let's go 'Dawgs (UMD)

Lon Nestrud
General Dynamics Space Systems Division