From:
Nicholas Monitto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicholas Monitto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1993 20:00:52 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Mike Fessler) writes:

>I believe that the ECAC format is a three-point, not best of three, sort
>o' deal. Ties are one point, wins are two, first to three points wins.
>Thus, two ties mean a 2-2 tie necessitating a third game, and so do a
>win for each team. A tie and a win, though, makes it 3-1, yielding a
>winner.

Or something like that...

I've heard both "best of 3" and "point system" in describing it. Here's the
rundown:

Games 1 and 2: a team gets 2 pts for a win and 1 pt for a tie. At the end of 2
games, if one team is ahead, it advances. This means that the team won twice
or won once and tied once (4-0 or 3-1 in terms of pts.)

If there is a tie (2-2) at the end of 2 games, a 3d game is declared.

Game 3: played for 2 pts, but no ties are allowed. If the score is tied at the
end of regulation, then overtimes are played (and played and played...) until
one team scores.

And fwiw- all of the ECAC teams have been advanced for Lake Placid, except for
Colgate v. RPI, which will be decided tonight... :)

Nick