From:
larry latour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1993 15:30:48 EST
Mike M. writes:
-------------------------
And, don't rule out the possibility that Parker might not fight hard for a
2nd seed!  He might prefer to play the first night and not be the team
resting on the 2nd night.  Of course, any discussion involving BU doesn't
happen with Parker in the room, but the other members undoubtedly would
have a feel for his opinion on this subject.
-------------------------

Last year I made a big stink about this "Appearance of Bias". It felt
like I was fighting windmills.  In order to even things out the
committee should probably solicit opinions about where the other teams
in the running would like to be seeded.

Seriously though,
I realize that the NCAA is US (that was pointed out very strongly
to me last year).  I think US should rotate through the committee
every few years.  So I have the following questions for the hockey-l'ers:

- what is the term of office for a selection committee member?
- is there anyone out there with a burning desire to be on the
  selection committee, or are the guys there now doing it with the
  blessing of everyone else? (the "someone's got to do it, but it
  isn't going to be me" syndrome)

I'm NOT trying to be too cynical here. IF college hockey is unified
behind the status quo then that's ok...  I realize that the "players"
across college hockey are a fairly close knit crew, and that in itself
seems good for the game...

Larry Latour
UMaine