From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1993 10:37:01 EST
Hi folks-

At the risk of being flamed, let me share my opinion. The one reason that I
never watched NHL hockey until a few years ago but have always been an
enthusiastic College fan, is all the fighting that used to occur in the NHL.
It was very frustrating to sit down to watch a hockey game and end up with
all these breaks during the game when guys would throw gloves and sticks on
the ice and push, shove, and punch each other. It broke the momentum, was
boring, and was not what I wanted to watch. The skill level might not be as
high in College hockey, but at least they play hockey most of the time.

In the last few years, the NHL seems to have reduced the number of fights (at
least watching the Bruins games that I get locally). The games are therefore
much more fun to watch.

I have heard similar comments to mine from many people who objected to the
unnecessary violence that used to be the hallmark of NHL games.

Bob Gross