From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 90 12:19:00 CST
C. Michael McCollum writes:
 > Anyway, I'm getting sick of the dearth of CCHA (and to a lessor extent,
 > WCHA) - type news and comments.  I am not, of course ragging on
 > all of you in the HE and ECAC;  rather I am wondering about dudes
 > in the Midwest;  is there just a lack of subscribers in the Midwest?

   Yes, I believe that there are many more subscribers out east.  I enjoy
reading about the other leagues (though I occasionally get a bit tired
of Clarkson's band :-) ), as I would otherwise know almost nothing about
them.  Of course, living as far from the CCHA as you do, I can see how it
would be a bit frustrating.  While there are HOCKEY-L subscribers in many
CCHA and WCHA locations, we tend to be quiet and polite. ;-) :^} :*>

   Now, for the plea for help.  When the Minnesota Golden Gophers play
in the Great Western Freeze-Out on December 20-21, there will be no radio
or TV coverage of the games in the Twin Cities.  The local affiliate of
SportsChannel America is picking up the PASS coverage of the championship
game, but it is available only on a couple of tiny systems in the outlying
suburbs.  In any event, the Minnesota-Boston College game on Dec. 20 will
be completely inaccessible.  If anyone out there can send me score updates,
especially while the games are in progress, I would really appreciate it.
I can dial in from home and get the scores as they come in.

-- Erik

Erik J. Biever                           --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota                     --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
Home of the 1991 NCAA Championship     --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM