From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1992 10:36:27 EDT
John writes:
>Now, if they can somehow schedule the regional to coincide with the NC$$
>basketball semi-finals, they can replicate the disaster of '92.  Detroit

Actually, this has been going on for quite some time - they have been
competing with hoop for quite a while.  It's just that they never had the
regional format before last year.  Maybe somebody like Clarkson would be
hosting a q-final series on the same weekend as the hoop tourney (the
regional finals, not the semis - those competed with the championship game
in Albany this year, remember getting the scores between periods?), but
since it's in Clarkson, they're sure going to sell out despite anything else.

Moving the NC$$s to a regional format *demands*, I believe, that the
conflict situation with hoop be resolved.  Maybe they will figure that out
after the 1993 tourney.

>P.S. - The East Regional is in Worchester MA.

Worcester!  Worcester!

The site is the Centrum - seats about the same as Providence and is an
excellent place to watch a game, even from the rafters - I sat there for
the Team USA-BU game a year ago.  The Centrum hosted the hoop regional
first round last season, too.

- mike