Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1992 03:32:25 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Jon Greene) writes:

>> So what do other schools do?  I know about RPI's famous waiting line, which
>> has given rise to legends like the group of students who claimed first place
>> in line by pitching a tent the day after the Engineers won the 1985 NCAA
>> championship and camping out there for five or six months.  An excellent
>> example of either spirit or desperation :-)
>> --
>If I remember correctly, tents were not allowed (there is an overhang
>on the student union which provides some shelter).  The legend that I heard
>goes as follows:
[saranwyck legend deleted]

Having looked over the current rules a couple days ago, I know tents are
banned, and I think all other structures are.  The line is almost halfway
around the Union now...we're third in line, behind Lambda Chi Alpha (first
every year I've been here) and Student Orientation.  Oughta be a good year...

Let's Go Red!
--
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]"Due to circumstances beyond my
"I disagree with what you say, but I     | control, I am master of my fate