From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1992 13:17:38 EDT
Disclaimer....this is coming from a relatively recent Clarkson grad....

The Clarkson/SLU games were always big, but the Clarkson/RPI game was
huge when I was there.  People would get in line 3 hours early for student
seats when RPI came to town.  I can remember eating a late dinner in the
cafeteria that overlooked the Pit and Walker (I was in the band, so I had
a guaranteed seat) and watching everyone wait for the doors to open.  My
friend and I were watching this when one of the players came over to takl
to us...since we were just about the only people in the cafeteria.

Anyway, RPI games were big my first two years (84/85 and 85/86).  After that,
they started to dwindle...as the team dwindled.  As far as the band is
concerned, RPI will always be a big game because they have a competing
band.  As long as the band is psyched for a game, the crowd will also be
psyched.

I have been to Cheel and I miss seeing the people hanging from the rafters
at Walker.  Also, they never announced the attendance at Walker because it
was usually against fire regulations.  So even though Walker had an official
capacity of 1800, they regularly drew well over 2000 for the "big" games.

Beth Weise
Clarkson '88
RPI '90 (and '93???)
Yes, I'm under threat of death.  If there is even a hint of me being
behind enemy lines.....  :-}