From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1992 21:38:35 EDT
First, some news.  Merrimack hired former netminder Brian Daccord as an
assistant coach.  Daccord will serve as goaltending coach for the Warriors,
who enter the season with a senior who has spent three years as a backup
and with a freshman, so this should prove to be a good move.  If you've been
following the offseason coaching moves made by Merrimack, this now gives them
four coaches: Head Coach Ron Anderson and assistants Stu Irving, Scott
MacPherson (also new for 92-93, from Lowell) and Daccord.  Anderson and Irving,
who will enter their tenth and ninth seasons at Merrimack respectively, are
full-time coaches while MacPherson is part-time and Daccord is an unpaid
volunteer.

Merrimack will also host a preseason game on Sunday, October 18th at 2 pm
against Ottawa (the university, not the NHL expansion team), so mark your
schedules.  Merrimack opens up at Western Michigan Oct 23-24 and returns home
to host Alabama-Huntsville Oct 30-31.  No date yet on the Blue-Gold scrimmage.

Charlie responded to Heather's mail:
>> Anyway, now Mike is busting on me about being verbose...like he has ANY
>> right to tell ME that I'M being verbose...*big grin* *laugh*
>
>Especially when mike has always been the top poster and heather hasn't
>been in the top 10.

Ouch...well, just wait till she gets access to an account, she may give some
of us a run for our money yet. :-)

>> Heather "No, Mike and I are not getting married at Center Ice in the Volpe
>> Complex" Neely
>> *grin*  *wave bye bye*
>
>WHY NOT....?????   Or at center ice between the first and 2nd period
>of the championship game.   Now THAT would be a touch.

Well, it would be something, to have 18,000 people at our wedding...but we
prefer to have it be our own show, so to speak. :-)  That line from her was a
result of her meeting Coach Anderson and SID Jim Seavey last night and being
asked if we'd planned to book the Volpe for the nuptials.  But knowing how
the temperature inside the rink can plummet during hockey season (it was
actually not bad last night for the Team Mass-Team Ottawa battle in the HNiB
tourney), I don't know if it's fair to ask the bridal party to dress in parkas
and snowshoes for this occasion.

>charlie shub  --- temporarily at ---   [log in to unmask]
>and lamenting his distance from college hockey.....

Charlie, I don't know how close you are to Iowa State (100 mi or so?), but
Iowa State annually has one of the best club teams in the nation.  Still, I
wish you luck and hope we're able to provide you and the other displaced fans
on hockey-l with lots of information on this season's happenings.  It doesn't
sound like you're about to quote Shoeless Joe anytime soon and ask, "Is this
heaven?"  (I guess this earns me the hockey-l "Field of Dreams" award for
quoting that movie twice now in two weeks.)
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)