From:
Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 07:11:13 -0500
Okay, chiming in here with a couple of comments...

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Nice post, Mark!
>
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Thats a lot of hockey to watch in one weekend.

 Absolutely!!!  But my favorite "at home" weekend of the year!!  :D

> > I was glad to see that in every game I watched, the referees did not put
> > their whistles away in the 3rd period.  If they called it in the first
> > period, they called it in the third period (or even the overtimes).

 This is the way it is "supposed to be".  And the way I like it.  If it's a
penalty in the first 5 minutes, it's a penalty in the LAST 5 minutes!! And
seems that a lot of the referees in the WCHA put their whistles away in the
third. I hate that... players can get injured, especially if you know this
happens all the time. :(

It did seem like some, perhaps minor or inadvertent, hooks/trips/holds were
> ignored  in some games.  The Merrimac/Notre Dame game seemed to have more
> than its share of (bad) non-calls, then a silly call.  Anyone know the ref
> names so I know which refs I think suck?  ;-)

 Oh I know those two very well, the WCHA's FINEST Referee pairing (*SARCASM
intended*) Derek Shepard and Marco Hunt.  The head Referee is Derek's father
(Nepotism anyone?). Very sad situation... Head ref thinks his kid walks on
water.... We need a NEW Head of Referees that can train them in and be
objective about who is the best pair.  Personally I think that Todd Anderson
is the best Referee we have.

I enjoyed all the hockey, and happy that there are two new faces at the FF,
and wish they weren't playing each other in the semi's.

Great to see some activity on this board finally!!!

Carol

--
Carol S. White
**