Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:24:04 -0500
> If the result is terribly distasteful, then let league presidents make
> trades at a cost of covering travel expenses beyond the minimum.  It might
>  even be beneficial to pay some eligible D1 teams to join another
> division, such as D3.

So, the schools that could go D-III are Clarkson, Union, Colorado College
(any other D-III schools?) that are playing up to D-I hockey.  D-II teams
like St. Cloud, Mankato, Huntsville and my Bemidji State (to name a few)
cannot go down to D-III as they are D-II schools in all their other
sports.  Just look at Minnesota-Crookston this year, they had to drop
hockey since their D-III conference, the MCHA, kicked them out since D-III
ruled that games against D-II schools would not count.

Oh, and.....  GO BEAVERS!!!!

Troy D. Mills
"Millsy"

Follow "The Mills Family"
www.libbymills.blogspot.com

The BeaverPond Website Director
www.thebeaverpond.com

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS
NAIA National Champs:  1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
NCAA D-III National Champs:  1986
NCAA D-II National Champs:  1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
NCAA D-I National Champs:  20??
Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
Holders of an NCAA Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)