From:
"Dr. Bob Hamilton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:54:27 -0400
Yes, it does seem quite interesting to look at characteristics of teams and
their performance in the Solidwater Sixteen.

For example, this year, of the four winners, only one had won the conference
tournament but not the league.  The other three won neither the tournament
nor the league.  And the two who won both the tournament and the league were
eliminated.  And of the teams with Hobey finalists, 8 played and 7 of those
teams were eliminated.

Now, that there is strength of schedule adjustments and some teams get a
week off during the conference play, it would be interesting to know if that
time off shows up as an advantage, in the regular season play, for the
following weekend, especially since some teams come into the regionals with
an extra week of rest.

Ditto for what Tom Rowe said at the end of his email.  Thanks,  Bob Hamilton